Monday, March 29, 2010

Family Home Evening - Family Service Project: Care Center Kindness!

Today's Family Home Evening Lesson is actually
a FAMILY ACTIVITY!
The object of the activity is:
to SERVE
Scripture:
"And behold, I tell you these things that ye may learn
wisdom; that when ye are in the service of your
fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God."
Mosiah 2:17
Song:  "Love One Another"
Children's Songbook; Page 136
I was at the assisted living home visiting my husband's
grandma a few weeks ago.  While I was there having lunch
with all of those cute little ladies and a single gentleman,
one of the residents recieved a bouquet of beautiful flowers.
I watched and listened as all of the ladies shared their
excitement about such a Special Delivery.
They thought the flowers were the prettiest flowers they
had ever seen.  They took turns smelling the bouquet,
and enjoying the colors the beautiful flowers had to offer.
It was at that moment that I realized, I needed to make more of an
effort to remember to care for the widows and widowers, AND
that I needed to involve my family.
The residents at the Care Center LOVE to be around
FAMILIES!
Today for our Family Home Evening
we will be delivering a single tulip, tied with a ribbon
to each of the residence at the Care Center.
(Which is less than 2 dozen tulips!) 
My boys are mostly rough and tumble, but when it comes
to grandpa's and grandma's  . . . they just soften right up!
I guess if we remember that we are ALL going to be
in the same position some day, maybe it will encourage us to be
a little more thoughtful of those around us.
When it comes to SERVICE  we hope you will . . .
"Go the Extra Mile . . . With a Great BIG Smile!"
That's what I'm hoping it will do for my FAMILY tonight!
Treats are ALWAYS an important part of Family Night,
and tonight is no exception!
Our family will be heading to Dairy Queen for Dilly Bars
after our visit to the Care Center.
Have a GREAT Night!
(Maybe we'll see some of you at the Care Center?!?)
Check back tonight,
for another NEW Conference Idea!

2 comments:

Mary said...

You are amazing! I don't know how you put all of this together! I am so glad that you do. Thank you so much for your sharing and inspiration! I have been motivated every time I look at your blog. Thank you! Mary

Prepared Not Scared said...

Thank You sooo much . . . You're comment brought tears to my eyeballs! You made my day!
Trish