Monday, March 21, 2011

Earthquake Prep!

I don't know about you,
but I haven't slept very well since
the earthquake in Japan!
I have worried myself sick hoping
that I have done my part to teach
earthquake preparedness...
I believe it's time for a review!
Here's what I have learned from my
Japanese brother's experience.
My brother Akira sent a text at 1:30 the morning
of the earthquake letting us know he was OK, and that he loved us.
He ended up spending 3 days in his office in Tokyo
before he was able to get home to his wife and two sons.
Their story was featured on the Channel 5 News with Carol Mikita.
Here's a link to that story:
Quake Brings Two Families Back Together
You can watch the clip and read the story if you want
to know even more of the details!
Akira made the difficult decision to send his wife and sons
to Utah to live with my parents because things
in Japan are so dangerous right now.
We are so glad to have them here with us.
In talking to Yuko, I realized just how important it is
to have on hand:
WATER
FOOD
A HEAT SOURCE
LIGHT
SOME CASH
AND
A PLAN!!!
Akira first learned about food storage during the 3 years
he lived with us as a foreign exchange student.
He and his wife visited about two years ago and I
was able to show them my food storage and
emergency preparedness plan.
He prepared his own food storage
in Japan and will be able to take care of his parents.
It's very hard to hear that mothers don't have
diapers, formula, food and water.
It's cold and conditions are very difficult.
I am even more determined to be prepared in every way.
I not only want to be able to take care of my family,
but I want to be able to help others as well.
I would like to issue you the same challenge!!!
Tonight for Family Home Evening
Review Your Family
Earthquake Preparedness Plan!
Watch for More
Earthquake Preparedness Ideas
throughout the week!

1 comment:

Lynnie said...

Thanks so much for this, our family needs to do so much more to be prepared! This is a good reminder.