Thursday, October 6, 2011

October 2011 Visiting Teaching Message!

It's Here!
I don't know if it's just because I have 4 boys or what,
but this is one of my favorite scripture stories.
(My boys love it as much as I do!)
As a mother, I feel like I am waging a war against
the adversary EVERYDAY...ALL DAY!
Our children need to be stronger than ever
and that means we as mother's and father's have to
work even harder to prepare them.
We have now established the...
Stripling Warrior Training Zone
(Or maybe it should be called a BOOT CAMP!)
in our home.

In Sister Beck's Message
she challenged us to...
"LIVE OUR COVENANTS WITH PRECISION."
She gave some examples of what we can do:
and
As we strive to be precise
in each of these areas, we can with exactness,
be on target with what the Lord would have us do.
I cut and copied each of the cards and then
tied them together with a piece of jute.
I stuck a skewer into a pumpkin and slid the tied
cards on the part that was sticking out of the pumpkin.
Here's the PDF:
If you would like an 8 1/2 x 11 size...
Here's that PDF:
Our ward declared October as Visiting Teaching Month!
Our Challenge:
Make a personal visit with each of your sisters
BEFORE the end of the month!
We can do this.
On your mark, get set...
GO!!!

5 comments:

kimber said...

LOVING THIS! Thanks so much for the VT message each month! Thanks again Kimber

The Relative Detective said...

Wonderfully done!
Thanks so much for sharing.

~Teryl

The David and Tricia Smith Family said...

Thanks Girls!
You made my day!
Trish

LeAnn said...

Thanks for the printables. I love all the thoughts from the address.
Blessings to you and keep on enjoying your journey.
Living Waters by LeAnn
http://lgwilliams.blogspot.com

Becky said...

Fabulous! You are so talented!